What We Offer
Collegepond Prime, a division of Collegepond, caters to students wishing to pursue their undergraduate study abroad. We adopt a holistic approach to education and strive to move beyond numbers and statistics in order to understand the personality of each student. At Collegepond Prime, we believe in helping students uncover their true potential and identify their strengths and weaknesses. We work in collaboration with students and their families in providing undergraduate counselling in order to ensure that students are able to choose the ideal path and give themselves the best chance at success.
Download Our Undergrad Brochure
The Admissions Program & Beyond
The Admissions Program & Beyond is designed to help students become independent immediately upon completion of their undergraduate education. Merely attending an Ivy League is not sufficient to become independent. Our systematic approach to the Admissions Process has ensured that the students are well equipped to gain a strong foothold in today’s competitive environment.
Our program starts with an interview of the candidate and his parents, individually. Here, the focus is to determine the motivations for the students and their parents. Through this endeavor, we are seeking to identify the student’s ‘dominant’ characteristics, interests and aptitude. Based on our analysis, we present the student and the parents with probable career choices, which we work with the student to investigate.
As the career options are narrowed, we work with the students to determine which countries, universities and specializations will enable the student to achieve their career goals. Our goal has and will always be to work in the interest of the student and get him into his dream university. To achieve the same, we follow a multi-prong strategy:
- University Selection – We work with students and parents to identify an appropriate selection of universities and an effective application strategy, which includes Early Decision, Early Action and Regular Decision. We will also discuss options like the 3/2 program, transfer, schools offering scholarships, etc.
- Storyboarding of Essays – We start the essay process with a brainstorming exercise. Next, based on the merit of each idea, we will work with the student on creating a preliminary sketch of the essay, thereby easing the pressure of the writer’s block phenomena
- Review — Our goal is to ensure that the essays are positioned to market the student’s strengths and accomplishments effectively. Hence, we continue to work with the student to help him/her polish the essay so it reads well. Once completed, the essays follow a rigid quality control check to ensure that it is Application ready.
- Letters of Recommendations – We work with the student to brainstorm and identify those qualities or characteristics that we would like recommenders to portray.
- Common App/Coalition/Application Forms – We assist the student in application form filling as well as the financial document required, thereto.
- Interviews – More and more universities are demanding interviews as part of the admission process. Almost all interviews require the student to improvise and answer questions. We help the students prepare for the interview by undergoing a series of mock interviews with a goal to develop the student’s self-confidence and script.
- Financial Aid – For many, this is an important aspect of the application process. We work with the family and student to identify sources of financial aid and planning the cash flow for the next three to four years during the undergraduate years.
BEYOND APPLICATION PROCESS
Our guidance does not end with the family once the student gets into university. It continues for the next four years. Here, we work as mentors to students and navigate them through the course selection maze, study abroad programs, and most importantly internships and full-time jobs. We work with students on enhancing their cover letters, resumes and guiding them through the job marketplace.
The HeadStart program is designed for students entering high school (i.e., in 9th to 10th grades). The focus of the program is to create a comprehensive and executable plan to help the students develop/and or acquire skills and experiences that will enable them to excel at university. These experiences will also play an important role in the application process to the university.
The plan will be personalized to each student based on the individual’s strengths and weaknesses. The primary objective of the plan will be to help the student break out of the cocoon of his comfortable surroundings and become independent in thought and in action.
The HeadStart program consists of the following modules and will address these types of questions:
- Goals and Ambitions – What are these? How do I determine my goals and aspirations? Should I follow the footsteps of my parents?
- Curriculum Selection – Should I pursue US System, HSC, ISE, CBSE, IB, A – Levels. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each given my goals and aspirations? What should I opt for A Levels or IB? Should I take the APs and if so when and what?
- Test Preparation — Should I take the SAT or ACT? How and when should I plan? What SAT IIs should I take and when? Is TOEFL necessary?
- Profile Building – What can I do to differentiate myself from the application pool? Should I engage in community activities? Is summer school a viable option? How important is the student council? What internships should I undertake during the summer?
- Academic Support – Should I take tuition for a specific subject? Who should I get help from? Should I take courses from Coursera?
ACTION PLAN & PERIODIC REVIEW
An action plan will be developed for each of the above-mentioned module with mutually decided timelines. A quarterly personal meeting will be organized between the student and ourselves to determine the student’s progress and/or amend the path, if necessary.
In some cases, students are quite aware of where they want to apply and the related process. What they are unsure of is whether their essay is worthy to finalize and upload. Collegepond recognizes that application essays can make or break the prospective student’s chances and accordingly has devised a solution to tackle this concern. Known as ESSAY LENS, this service focuses on reviewing the applicant’s essay and providing valuable feedback to improve the same.
Should the applicant require more assistance, Collegepond counsellors can provide a more detailed service wherein we assist the student in storyboarding the essay topic at the outset and then work closely to draft the essay. Once completed, the essay would follow a rigid quality control check to ensure that it is Application ready.
How It Works
- For those who want a professional review/independent opinion of the essays before uploading to the common app/college’s portal.
- A counsellor will read the essay for content and grammar and recommend changes to the same.
- 48-hour turnaround, 24-hour rush option.
- For those you need assistance in brainstorming and drafting the essay.
- A counsellor will work with the student from the ideation stage to completion through a number of drafts.
Avail A Complementary Counselling Session