Australia is the 13th most peaceful country and ideal for foreign students

Australia is the 13th most peaceful country and ideal for foreign students
VISA & Predeparture

Australia is the 13th most peaceful country and ideal for foreign students

Australia VISA Process

Did you know that Australia has been ranked as the 13th most peaceful country in the world by the Institute for Economics and Peace in 2020? What better place to apply for a study visa? Add to that its many universities – it has 43 universities with six of these ranking in the internationally renowned top 100. With so many universities you have a wonderful choice of programs in different fields such as Engineering, English, Medicine, Mathematics, Business, Science, etc., not to mention the multitude of degrees and majors leaving you spoilt for choice. Just make sure you meet the eligibility criteria when selecting a course.

Australia is a diverse melting pot of cultures which gives you the advantage of living in a multi-cultural society offering some excellent culinary offerings, grand celebrations and a chance to even learn a different language if you are so inclined.

Thankfully, Australians speak English although it may take you a while to get used to the slang, so brush up your Australian-speak before landing in the country. It is known for its grand outdoors which boasts of a diverse terrain, unusual animals, and countless beaches. If you are beach bum, Australia offers thousands of kilometres of pristine coastline and many beach activities. How about diving and snorkelling on the Grand Barrier Reef, or bushwalking or kayaking for that matter?

To make matters easier, Australia has a streamlined process for a Student Visa (subclass 500). All you need to do is make sure you are accepted into an educational institution of your choice by meeting their criteria and prove that you have sufficient financial capacity. One thing to keep in mind is that you will need to take an appropriate level of insurance while you stay there. In case you are interested in working or in an internship while studying, this is also possible. Just check with your chosen institute whether this option is available with them before applying. Australia also offers a Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485) which allows foreign students to continue to work in the country after they have graduated. [we should elaborate of subclass 485 visa more]

Under subclass 500 visa, you can participate in your desired study program, and be accompanied by your family members to Australia. You can either apply from outside or inside Australia for the visa. A few checks which are mandatory before you apply for the visa – you should be enrolled in your desired course, and hold an Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) unless you fall in one of the exempted categories (please check which one you fall under). You need to be over 6 years of age and in case you are less than 18 years old, you need to prove that you have a welfare arrangement.

Write a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This