You need a Tier-4 general student Visa to study for pursuing graduate studies in the UK. The following is the procedure that you need to follow. You can apply for the Visa 3 months before the degree programme commences. The decision occurs within 3 weeks of the application date.
The following is the procedure that you need to follow:
Step 1: Collect all the document
The attached pdf will provide details of all the necessary documents that are needed to be provided.
Step 2: Go for tuberculosis testing
Go to one of the clinics mentioned in the attached pdf and make it clear that you are getting the tuberculosis testing done for application for a UK Tier-4 visa.
Carry the following documents:
Passport, Passport Xerox, 2 Photos Passport size, UK University Address
The charges for the test are Rs. 1500 charges and fasting is not necessary for the test.
Step 3: Apply for Visa
The Visa fees include £328 + £150 per year healthcare surcharge. The healthcare surcharge needs to be paid before applying for the Visa. For paying the healthcare surcharge, go to this link:
The above link will help you ascertain your actual healthcare surcharge amount which is dependent on your program duration.
After paying the healthcare surcharge, you can apply online using the following link:
- Attend the appointment at the chosen Visa Application Centre
After applying for the Visa, you need to attend the appointment at the Visa Application Centre chosen by you. Here, you will undergo a Visa interview and will also have your Biometric details collected for the BRP. Visit the following link to get the list of Visa Application Centres in India:
You need to bring the following documents when you arrive for the appointment:
- Your appointment confirmation, visa fee receipt and user pay visa application centre service fee receipt.
- A valid passport or travel document with at least 1 page that is blank on both sides.
- 1 recent passport-sized (45mm x 35mm) colour photograph of your face, which meets the requirements in UKVI’s photograph guidance required only for applicant’s exempt from giving biometrics
- A printout of your online application form, signed and dated.
- If you are applying under the points-based system, a completed self-assessment form signed and dated.
- Any supporting documents relevant to your application. If the originals are not in English you must provide the original documents as well as a translation in English.
- Sending your documents to the Embassy
If the application is accepted, you will be notified of an address where you need to send your documents.