Top Scholarships for Indians | Narotam Sekhsaria
Studying abroad is an option that seems out of reach due to the high cost of higher education abroad. Fact is, education abroad has become a feasible option due to the plethora of scholarships that are available to students pursuing their studies abroad. Always on the lookout for information regarding securing scholarships to study abroad, prospective applicants, especially in the United States, are looking for answers to numerous questions, some of them being ‘Where should I look for securing scholarships?’, or ‘Are there any organisations in India that offer grants to study abroad?’.
Fortunately, we have numerous organisations in India that offer grants or loan-scholarships to students aspiring to study abroad. A loan-scholarship, essentially, means that the organisation offers you the grant for studying abroad on a zero-interest policy. After the completion of your program, you begin to repay the amount to the organisation. The process is much like taking an education loan from banks, but fewer hassles are involved as there is no rate of interest levied on the loan-grant.
The Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship for Studying Abroad is one such organisation where you can secure a loan-scholarship. The Scholarship is granted solely on merit. Let us look at some frequently asked questions:
- What are the eligibility criteria if I want to apply for this scholarship?
A. This Scholarship is granted on the basis of merit, so interested applicants should hold a thoroughly excellent academic record.
- What is the application process?
A. Interested applicants are supposed to fill the online registration form and fee. If shortlisted, the applicants are supposed to appear for a personal interview.
- What other formalities are required?
A. You are supposed to submit the required documents to the organisation if you are selected for the interview. These include the following:
- Mark sheets of Std. Xth, XIIth, and all years of the undergraduate programme and degree certificates.
- Score cards of any qualifying examination taken (Eg. GRE, GMAT,CAT, GATE etc).
- Copy of the admission letter(s) from the university, if obtained.
- Reference letters (in a sealed envelope).
- Statement of the course fee and any other financial document (This would include any other letter indicating the receipt of a scholarship, other source of funding, fee waiver etc.).
- Attested copy of the passport.
- One passport size photograph.
- Latest Income Tax Returns of parents.
- How does the process continue post selection?
A. Awardees of scholarship are informed in June-July, post which, they are required to submit the following:
- The letter confirming admission to the college/ university for the proposed course of study.
- I-20 in case of students admitted to the universities in the United States and a copy of the letter highlighting the financial support in case of students admitted to universities in other countries.
On receiving a copy of the visa, the scholarship for post-graduation amount will be disbursed.
- How is the amount supposed to be repaid after the completion of the course
A. Repayments will commence one year after the completion of the course as per the following schedule:
1st year after course completion: Nil
2nd year after course completion: 30% of the scholarship amount
3rd year after course completion: 35% of the scholarship amount
4th year after course completion: 35% of the scholarship amount
You can refer the following link for additional information:
We hope this information clarifies your doubts.
All the best!