What can be the reasons for F1 US visa rejection?
Your higher study dreams can come crashing down on your face, if you are not amply prepared for your F1 visa interview and trust me there is nothing more disappointing than getting your visa rejected even after having secured I-20 from a much sought-after college. Every visa category has some underlying eligibility criteria set forth by the consulate / embassy and your interviewer would want you to establish them during the interview. While your luck has some role to play in the whole process, you must not leave any stone unturned.
Five factors can become reasons for visa rejection:
1. No intention of returning back: if the visa officers have a slightest inkling that you do not have any intention of returning back to your home country, it becomes very strong ground for visa rejection. You must be prepared to prove your strong roots in India in the way of strong family ties, businesses or immovable property. Visa officer wants an assurance that there is something strong that binds you to your home country. Reasons for F1 US Visa Rejection Study in USA
2. Financial inadequacy: Your academic credentials, unluckily is not the lone deciding factor for you to get a Visa. Visa officers would want to make sure that you have sufficient funds to sponsor your education and living expenses for the intended period of stay before issuing a visa. If the financial documents fail to convince them of your financial eligibility, this again becomes a pretext for visa denial.
3. Lousy conduct and meek body language: you have too much at stake to be casual during your visa interview. Arriving late for your visa interview is a slip-up as Americans always like to be punctual. The way your dress up again speaks volumes about your attitude. Dressing up very casually is something that does not go down well with the visa officers and can displease him/her. Another thing they care a lot about is your body language. They expect you to come across as self-assured, well-bred and well-mannered individual and if you look nervous or under confident, you are going to get yourself into hot waters.
4. Incorrect information: lying to the visa officer is perhaps the last thing that you would want to do in a visa interview. We strictly warn against furnishing false information or documents to the visa officers. If caught you can get even permanent rejection.
5. Unimpressive academic credentials and lack of knowledge: Visa officer wants you to demonstrate your credibility as a good student. Additionally your English language skills too have to be reasonably good. Mediocre GPA and bad GRE scores can also become a deterrent to getting F-1 Visa.If at all you have a backlog, you must be able to justify it.Moreover, ranking of the school you plan to attend also matters to a certain extent. Make sure you are well informed about the university you intend to attend and spare no efforts in building up an impressive credential. Reasons for F1 US Visa Rejection Study in USA