How a GRE Practice Test can Pave the Way for a Perfect GRE Score ?
A postgraduate degree from a foreign university is a dream for many students. To achieve this, the student must seek admission to a post-graduate degree course offered by a reputed graduate school. To seek admission, they must score well on their Graduate Record Examinations (GRE). The GRE is a standardized exam that examines your readiness to take up a postgraduate course. A high GRE score increases your chances of admission to a post-graduate course at an elite or reputed graduate school. How to achieve a high score on GRE? There are many articles on preparation for the GRE; however, this article focuses on preparation through online GRE practice tests.
Why is GRE Practice Test Important ?
GRE general test has an extensive syllabus, and often students get perplexed about how to start the preparation. GRE diagnostic tests are the best way to start the preparation as they help identify the strengths and weaknesses in your Quant and Verbal sections and formulate your studies accordingly. There are multiple testing options online, however, not all are designed the same. You must take a test at a trusted platform that is simulated to the actual GRE Test. The Collegepond GRE Practice Test is one of the popular and free simulated mock tests taken by students. It helps you gauge your GRE baseline score and preparedness. Many students have confirmed 18-point increase in their score from baseline to GRE after taking this test.
How to Gain Insights by Taking a GRE Practice Test ?
1. Understand the test pattern: There are forty questions each in the Quant and the Verbal section. In the Verbal section, you will see the following types of questions:
- Reading comprehension
- Multiple choice – select one
- Text completion
- Sentence Equivalence
In the Quant section, you will see the following types of questions:
- Data Analysis
2. Review Your Performance in the Test: Standardized GRE mock tests comprise question patterns. You need to analyze which questions were easy and difficult to answer and what were the outcomes of choosing a wrong answer. This performance analysis will help you identify the areas of improvement.
3. Analyze Your Response to Online GRE Mock Test: What was your first reaction when you attempted the free GRE mock test for the first time? Was it the feeling of nervousness or surprise? Were you confident with the answers? How did you pace through the test? Were you able to finish the test in time? The answers to these questions will help you develop an effective personal strategy for attempting the exam. Get familiarized with the tools, learn how to tackle challenging questions and reap scores to your advantage.
4. Plan Your Studies: You need to focus on the areas or the type of questions where you failed. Always try to focus on high-yield areas of the exam before focusing on low-yield areas. Prepare for both Verbal and Quant sections equally. As far as possible, try to alternate the preparation to avoid confusion.
5. Schedule Tests More Often: GRE Practice tests are the best way to analyze your weaknesses and strengths. You can schedule more GRE practice tests and stick to timelines. These tests are opportunities for self-assessment and devising new study strategies.
6. Set Measurable Goals: Always try to set an attainable, realistic, and achievable goal in a set time frame. Measure your progress in all areas of the test. Re-evaluate and re-prioritize your study strategies as per the requirement.
7. Motivate Yourself to Excel: The actual preparation must be scripted in mind. For this, you must stay motivated. When you start studying for GRE, be focused on the highest GRE score that you want to achieve. Never settle for a good or average score. Always aim for the 90th Remember, a good GRE score not only eases your path to admission but also helps you achieve a grad school scholarship.
Online GRE mock tests help you understand your weak areas and revise your study strategies. By attempting these tests, you can easily master the timing, build a progressive thought process, amp your confidence, improve your skills, and gain an understanding of tools and methods to succeed in the GRE main test.
Sign up today for Collegepond’s Free Online GRE Practice Test to gauge your preparedness and baseline score and to devise a study strategy for a stellar GRE score!