Located in Atlanta, Georgia, the Georgia Institute of Technology is a leading research university committed to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
As a leading technological university, Georgia Tech has more than 100 centers focused on interdisciplinary research that consistently contribute vital research and innovation to American government, industry, and business.
There is no doubt that Georgia Tech stands out as a distinctively different kind of university, one that is eagerly encouraging and developing the revolutionary technologies of the 21st century.
Equipped with the extremely rich resources of an outstanding student body and faculty; strong partnerships with business, industry, and government; and support from alumni and friends, Georgia Tech is designing a future of global preeminence, leadership, and service.
- Ranked as the #7 best public universities, Georgia Tech provides a focused, technologically based education to more than 21,500 undergraduate and graduate students.
- Georgia Tech has many nationally recognized programs, all top-ranked by peers and publications alike, and is ranked in the nation’s top 10 public universities by U.S. News and World Report.
- Degrees are offered through the colleges of Architecture, Computing, Engineering, Sciences, the Scheller College of Business, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts.
- The strong academic work ethic at Tech is balanced by a collegiate atmosphere incorporating both intercollegiate and intramural sports, campus traditions, and some 400 student organizations.
- Alongside their academic achievements, Tech students are also active in the community, earning a well-rounded education through community service activities.
- Georgia Tech is ranked #7 among public universities in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and #1 for, “Annual return on investment (in-state)” by PayScale.com.
- Co ranks Georgia Tech as the #1, “Public University that produces the best-equipped graduates to make an impact in the world of technology.” Tech is also ranked among the top 25, “Colleges that can land a 6-figure career without graduate school” by MONEY magazine.
- Tech’s industrial engineering program has been ranked #1 for more than two decades. Ten of the undergraduate engineering programs – and all 11 graduate engineering programs – are in the top 10. Georgia Tech’s graduate computer science program also ranks in the top 10.
- The Guardian’s QS World University Rankings ranks Tech’s College of Architecture as #7 in the United States, and #26 in the world for architecture.