Fulbright Fellowships | Nehru scholarships
| Fulbright Fellowships – This article is about the Fulbright fellowship offered for higher studies in the USA|
The Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships are designed for outstanding Indians to pursue a master’s degree program at selected U.S. colleges and universities in the areas of Arts and Culture Management including Heritage Conservation and Museum Studies; Environmental Science/Studies; Higher Education Administration; Public Health; Urban and Regional Planning; and Women’s Studies/Gender Studies.
Grant Benefits: The fellowship will provide the following benefits:
• J-1 visa support;
• Round-trip economy class air travel from fellow’s home city to the host institution in the U.S
• Funding for tuition and fees,* living and related costs; and Accident and Sickness Program for Exchanges per U.S. Government guidelines.
Eligible Fields of Study:
Each applicant should choose one field of study that matches his/her chief area of interest. The following field descriptions are illustrative and applicants should note that individual academic host institution programs of study might differ in course offerings, subspecialties, and academic requirements.
Arts and Culture Management including Heritage Conservation and Museum Studies Environmental Science/Studies
• Public Health
• Urban and Regional Planning
The applicants should:
Have completed an equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a recognized Indian university with at least 55% marks
Applicants should either possess a four-year bachelor’s degree or a completed master’s degree if the bachelor’s degree is of less than four years’ duration;
Have at least three years’ full-time (paid or voluntary) professional work experience relevant to their proposed field of study; demonstrate experience in leadership and community service;
Should not have another degree from a U.S. university or be enrolled in a U.S. degree program.
For contact: Fulbright Fellowships
• South: USIEF, American Consulate Building, 220 Anna Street, Chennai 600006
• West: USIEF, Maker Bhavan-1, New Marine Lines, Churchgate (E) Mumbai – 400020
• North: USIEF, 12 Haily Road New Delhi 110001
• East: USIEF, American Center, 38 A Jawaharlal Nehru Road, Kolkata – 700071